Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pacquiao, Boxing, Getting Fit and Tennis Tips from Nachshon Draiman


Ouch! That must have hurt. I don't know though what would hurt more for Hatton - his bloodied nose and face after Pacquaio's stong punches, or his ego after being beaten by a "lowly" Filipino in less than two rounds.

Anyway, Pacquaio is 12 Million Dollars richer (not counting the Pay-per-View proceeds) which will definitely send thousands of boxing hopefuls to gyms across the country to train and possibly make it big like their idol Manny Pacquaio. A negligible percentage would probably get headway though, although it would probably be of a less grander scale than Pacquaio's. But at least these people would try to get fit and in shape instead of bumming around on street corners, watching people pass them by or spend the whole day drinking gin or cheap whisky until they pass out and sprawl at the same street corner as if they were at the receiving end of Pacquaio's left hook.

As for me, boxing was never my thing. I have the height of a lightweight but the poundage of a heavyweight.... professional wrestler. Although I did train for some martial arts stuff, I would lack the speed and agility required for a pound-per-pound boxer.

What I do like to explore though is the game of tennis. My father used to play squash, tennis and badmidton and has all the equipment he needs at his disposal to pursue these games. When my parents migrated to the United States, he left his equipment here in the Philippines and nobody was using them ever since. Well, it's time for me to use these tools and get myself back into shape.

Searching the net for tennis tips, I came across the blog by Nachshon Draiman. The entries made by Nachshon Draiman were quite informative, practical and easy to implement on your own that I would like to try them out myself.

The tennis tips written by Nachshon Draiman range from conditioning drills, to improving your serve, and even some tips on online tennis lessons. I would try to go over these tips one by one and see for myself how effective they are in improving my game.... or well, at least get some proper exercise.

That's a lot better that being beaten to a pulp by the likes of Manny Pacquaio.


Live well and prosper!
© 2009

Peter Allan Mariano
Talakayan at Kalusugan - DWBL1242 4-5pm Mon-Fri
The Big NM - Network Management for Filipinos
Links2Prosperity Marketing - Web Marketing : Web Content : Web Design
Entreplink Philippines - Moderator

Follow me on TWITTER:
Join my FACEBOOK Family:

0 comments:

Post a Comment